Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A MOST CHALLENGING CLIMB IN INDIA by R.L.Huffstutter


WHILE BROWING THROUGH FLICKR, I NOTICED THIS IMAGE AND MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS CLIMBING IT. IT APPEARS MOST INTRIQUING AND BESIDES MISTY, IT LOOKS SOMEWHAT MISTICAL. I WAS CURIOUS IF IT WAS A NOTED SPOT FOR CLIMBING. I POSTED MY QUESTION.
The concept of climbing a rock face for sport in this part of India is not something the local authorities would know. Most probably they'll guide you to a road that leads up to the top... :-) The most common animals here are the spotted deers, the Chinkara (A smaller deer), Black Bucks, Blue Bulls (Largest in size from the deer family), Bears, Hyenas and Leopards. Tigers are found much deeper in the jungle. This place is just 2km fom the town of Katangi. Posted 28 hours ago. ( permalink )
THANKS FOR A PHOTO I CONSIDER AN ART PHOTO OF THE FIRST CLASS, and for taking time to fill me (and the readers of this blog) in on a bit of local history and information.

No comments: