Sunday, September 21, 2008

KANSAS CITY PLAZA ART FAIR 2008

THE PLAZA ART FAIR IS ALSO KIND OF KANSAS CITY DOG SHOW...














Paintings by Mike Savage of Kansas City, Kansas.





Some of my favorite paintings at the 2008 Plaza Art Fair. RLH












Photos and comments by Robert L. Huffstutter





It was a perfect weekend for an art fair.













"THE BEST AND THE BIGGEST IN HISTORY OF THE PLAZA ART FAIR ..."







was the general opinion of those who spoke with me about this fantastic Kansas City event. I've been to quite a few since 1958 and this is the best one so far. The first Plaza Art Fair I attended was on a field trip organized by one very wonderful high school art teacher, Mrs. Lucy Jenkins who taught at Van Horn in the 1950s and 1960s. She inspired quite a few of us to pursue our interests in art. The Plaza Art Fair has changed considerably since then; it has become a national event, one of the biggest and best anywhere in the USA. That's my opinion, of course, but an opinion I value when it comes to art, Kansas City and the USA, three of my favorite subjects.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A really great selection of photos. Enjoyed all of them. It is cool to see what others think is cool. Who was the cool blonde in the photos who was looking at artwork. She looks like a movie star. Great blog. Thanks, a fan of blogger